PMP 600cc Micro-Sprint Setup Sheet
- Level car stands
- 12’-25’ Steel Tape Measure
- Combination Square
- 2” and 4” wood blocks or adjustable Moose Blocks
- Stagger Tape
- 3’ of 716” steel rod
- Torpedo Level or Angle Finder
Squaring the Rear Axle
- Start by setting the left rear arm at 12 ½” measured from the center of the splines to center of the rod end. Then hook up the rear arms to the torsion bars and slide the 7/16” steel rod through the rod ends. Set the rod on 2” blocks then measure the distance from the rod to the front of the rear torsion tubes, it should measure approx. 10-3/16” to 10-1/4”. Now you should adjust the right rear am accordingly to square the rear arms to the rear torsion tubes.
- The next step is to install the rear axle assembly in the car. Be sure to have spacers in place of the wheels on the axle to lock down all axle components. Set axle on 4” square up blocks and by using the flat face on the front of the birdcages level the birdcages by adjusting the radius rods on each side. Now measure from the back edge of the axle to the back edge of the rear torsion tube using a combination square. It should measure approx. 12-3/16” to 12-1/4” on each side.
Rear Radius Rods
- Start with the left rear rod in the bottom position just above the brake rod spud.
- Start with the right rear rod in the top position.
W-Link (Jacobs Ladder)
- Mount the bottom in the outside hole. 2008-2010 start in lower hole.
- Mount the top in the inside hole. 2008-2010 start in lower hole.
- With the rod ends on the torsion arms centered in the birdcage bracket, adjust the rod end on the birdcage to hookup the ladder.
- Use 2” blocks for both the front and rear, you may vary different heights for heavier/lighter drivers and also track size the conditions.
- Coil front-Add 2 turns into left front coil.
- Torsion front-Add 2 turns into left front bar.
- Split Torsion Bar Cars-Add 1 1/2 turns into left front bar.
- Both cars add 1 1/2 turns into left rear torsion bar when using 50 points of bar split, 25 points of bar split add 1 turn, even bars 1/2 turn and 0 turns when running reverse bar split.
Squaring the Front Axle
- Set car up on the 2” blocks and measure from the front edge of front upright tubes to the back of the front axle at 6” to 6-1/8” (5 - 5 1/8" on 06 and older chassis) on both sides. This will set you wheel base approx. 60-1/2” (59 1/2" on 06 and older).
- To Adjust chain: step firmly on left side of car, squeeze chain together to 1/2" gap.
- Adjust the right front rods to set caster. Caster should be a minimum of 8º measured from the top of steering arm on the right side. As much as 12º of castor may be used. More caster allows the car to track straighter and will help excessive over steer.
- Adjust lead after car is set on the ground, run 0 to ¼” lead. Lead will allow the car to turn easier.
Front Axle Offset
- Measure from the left side frame rail to the inside of the left front axle bracket. Should measure approx. 2-3/4” to 2-7/8”.
- Left Front Spring-120lbs to 125lbx
- Left Front Bar- .550 Solid (split front torsion bar cars) .725 Hollow on 06 and older.
- Left Rear Bar-.750 Hollow 2010 Cars Stock or Multi for Winged Large Track Adult Driver. .725 Hollow for light driver small track. .725 Solid on Restricted 2007-2010 cars and 06 and older chassis.
- Right Front Spring-140lbs to 150lbs
- Right Front Bar-.575 Solid (split front torsion bar cars) .725 Solid on 2004-2005 chassis.
- Right Rear Bar-.750 Hollow Stock or Multi for Winged Large Track Adult Driver .725 Hollow for light driver small track .725 Solid on Restricted 2007-2010 cars and 06 and older chassis.
- Left Front-QA1 8262 or ARS 1062 or Adjustable 5-.5/2 ARS
- Right Front-QA1 8262-1 or ARS 1061/2 or Adjustable 5-.5/2 ARS
- Left Rear-QA1 8262-4 or ARS 1064/2 or Adjustable 8-2/2
- Right Rear-QA1 8264 or ARS 1064 or Adjustable 7-3/4 ARS
- Measure the ride height without the driver and with 2 gallons of fuel. Place the car on a flat surface and measure from the ground to the center of the torsion bars. On a coil front measure from the ground to the bottom of the lower frame rail at the front cross member.
- Left Front Coil-3.50” to 3.75”
- Left Front Bar-10.50”
- Left Rear Bar-7.50”-7.75”
- Right Front Coil-425.” to 4.50”
- Right Front Bar-11.25” to 11.50”
- Right Rear Bar-8.75”-9.00”
Note: Ride heights are without bolt on lead. Ride heights will be slightly lower with bolt on lead.
- Short Track 12º-15º
- Long Track 8º-11º
- Start with trailing edge of wing approx. 4”-6” in front of rear axle.
Tips to tighten the car on corner entry to apex.
- Lower right rear air pressure
- Move right rear wheel in ½” to 1”
- Decrease stagger
- Move wing back 1” -2”
- Change right rear shock to a #3 valving
- Move Jacobs ladder to inside top and bottom or outside top and bottom position.
- Reduce rebound on left rear shock.
Tips to tighten car on corner exit
- Raise front 4 turns on coil shocks and 1 turn on torsion bar front
- Decrease stagger
- Move wing back 1”-2”
- Add left rear weight distribution
- Change to #.5 valve rebound on right front shock and a #1 valve rebound on left front shock.